2) Any friend who isn't your friend in ALL situations shouldn't be your friend in ANY. Find a "sky scraper" friend. One who can with stand the strongest winds and the worst storms that life can throw at you.
3) Be a "sky scraper" friend.
4) People will make you feel bad about yourself. Decide if they have a point- if they do, fix it. If they don't, ignore it and get new friends (refer to "sky scraper" friends- They dont make you feel bad about yourself)
5) Learn the difference early between telling the truth and being mean and telling the truth and being kind. There's always a mean way and a nice way to give the same message. Nice is always better.
6) Learn how to change a tire, balance a checkbook, do laundry, and cook at least 3 good meals. Then sign up for AAA so you never have to change the tire.
7) Treat every woman the way you'd want your sister and mother treated. If that's not clear- treat them with respect. WOMEN/GIRLS ARE NOT OBJECTS!
8) Women are complicated. Listen well.
9) Do good.
10) Always open the door and hold it for people. Smile and say "Good morning" or "Have a good night" as they walk through.
11) Manners are NOT over-rated but they are hard to find now.
12) If you see someone struggling- help them. This may mean holding a door, loading a trunk with something heavy, or going out of your way- Do it. You won't ever regret it.
13) You will never understand true love til you have a child. Then you'll learn fear.
14) Never EVER underestimate the value of an education. Even if you never use it- everyone needs a safety net.
15) I, your mom, really do know everything. You'll realize this when you're 30...
16) You'll never be to told to call your mom but you may be too late. So call me... a lot!
17) No girl will ever be good enough for you- but I promise to love who you love.
18) People judge other people- its an impossible fact- just don't judge people for things they cant control.
19) Read-- A LOT. Reading is the one thing that can take you away at a moment notice and bring you back just as fast.
20) Read to your kids. A LOT
21) You are perfect just the way you are.
22) Dream big.
23) Your self worth is NOT about how much money you make, what job you do, or how big your house is. Your self worth is YOU.
24) Be the change you wish to see in the world!
25)“You may not want to hear it, but your critics are often the ones telling you they still love you and care about you, and want to make you better. ”
26) When it comes to women who are romantically interested in you- ignore what they say and pay attention to what they do.
27) Walls are there for a reason- to make you show how bad you want it.
28) “We have a finite amount of time. Whether short or long, it doesn’t matter. Life is to be lived” - LIVE IT WELL!
29) Don't bail! The best gold is at the bottom of the barrel.
30) No matter what- I will always love you.
What would you want your son to know by 30?