Menu

  • Random

Monday, September 20, 2010

If Only Disney Ran The Country....

So lately Teag and I have been listening to a lot of Disney songs-- He likes it when I turn on Pandora to the Disney station we have created together.

So on to why I think Disney should "run the country"--- or at least we should all take some advice from Disney on how to treat each other!

In the past week I have heard Phil Collins song, "You'll Be In My Heart"- From Tarzan-- about 6 times and every time I am struck by how true some of the words are.

Come stop your crying
It will be alright
Just take my hand
Hold it tight
I will protect you
From all around you
I will be here
Don't you cry

Take this verse-- I love how it suggests that there are people and things and God-- that will keep you safe-- and protect you-- you don't have to do it all on your own!

Why can't they understand
The way we feel
They just don't trust
What they can't explain
I know we're different but
Deep inside us
We're not that different at all

In this verse-- it really makes me think just how close minded so many people are-- we, as a whole, spend so much time putting people down because their beliefs or opinions are different-- maybe we all need to remeber this--

When destiny calls you
You must be strong
I may not be with you
But you've got to hold on
They'll see in time
I know
We'll show them together

And then this verse-- this of course should be a constant reminder that life is short-- take every opportunity-- There are things that are replaceable but days and experiences aren't.


There are of course other Disney songs as well-- for example:

The Lion Kings- I Just Cant Wait To Be King

I'm gonna be a might king
so enimies beware

We can only hope that we all have that big of dreams-- and that we are willing and able to stand up and fight anything that stands in the way of our dreams.


Toy Story- You've Got A Friend In Me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
Boy, you've got a friend in me
Yeah, you've got a friend in me

You've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me
If you've got troubles, I've got 'em too
There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you
We stick together and can see it through
Cause you've got a friend in me
You've got a friend in me

Some other folks might be
A little bit smarter than I am
Bigger and stronger too
Maybe
But none of them will ever love you
The way I do, it's me and you

Boy, and as the years go by
Our friendship will never die
You're gonna see it's our destiny
You've got a friend in me

Yup=-- I had to post the WHOLE song-- I mean here-- this is just such a good way to treat everyone!


So maybe Im crazy-- Maybe Disney shouldn't be the place we turn to for moral advice... and maybe Disney shouldn't run the country-- BUT if we were all kinder and remembered that we are all the same on the inside-- Maybe the country would be better.. or at least our neighborhoods!







No comments:

Post a Comment